meta4stress > Home
Mindful Exposure Therapy for Anxiety (M.E.T.A.) and Psychological Wellness Center
1800 Horace Ave., Gr. Fl., Abington, PA 19001
At META Center, brief evidence based and focused interventions are offered on an outpatient basis to support people in getting back on their feet efficiently. We offer psychotherapy and classes for individuals and groups.
- Therapy can be conducted according to the traditional once a week model or more intensively.
- Individual therapy for anxiety disorders usually does not exceed 30 sessions.
- Intensive therapy for anxiety disorders consists of two-hour long sessions that occur five days a week for three weeks in a row. The intensive therapy Dr. Molnar offers is called prolonged and repeated exposure therapy. Intensive therapy offers a more affordable alternative to inpatient hospitalization and can produce rapid results.
- When necessary, Dr. Molnar will also travel to the homes of those whose fears or physical limitations preclude travel.
Dr. Chris Molnar founded META Center in 2007. Dr. Molnar is a clinical psychologist licensed in both Pennsylvania and South Carolina and expert in the assessment and treatment of anxiety, emotional, and stress-related disorders using evidence-based approaches.
She offers brief interventions for the following anxiety disorder diagnoses:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Anxiety
- Panic, with or without agoraphobia, disorder
- Specific Phobia (e.g., blood, injury, injection, driving, animals, etc.)
- Psychological Factors affecting physical conditions
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorders
Dr. Molnar also teaches Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Classes. Through the 8-week MBSR class you can learn to respond skillfully to life's challenges rather than to react in ways that cause suffering.
Please call (267)287-8347 for the MBSR class schedule or for more information. Classes include:
- Psychological health reports before and after the class
- 4 meditation CDs
- Skill Practice Book
- Free tuition to ongoing yearly "booster" retreat classes
Dr. Molnar offers free telephone screens for potential clients and provides referrals when appropriate. Her credentials are available through the link on this page. If she can be of service, or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Molnar at 267-287-8347 or via e-mail at email@example.com .
Click Here to view Dr. Molnar's Credentials in Word format